Irisa Raina 9
So when I do make enough to give some away, I always make up a small basket with the sauce, hamburger buns, the recipe if its someone who had not got the relish/spread before, and some pretty paper napkins.
I love it!
I sometimes add the following:
Yogurt instead of sour cream.
Chopped jalapeno’s instead of red pepper flakes.
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onions soaked in a couple tablespoons of water
- 1 & ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes “ or to taste”
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons juice from bread and butter pickles
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill & sweet relish drained very well
- 8 or so slices of bread and butter pickled drained and chopped
- ¼ cup classic catalina salad dressing
How to Make Relish this….spread!
- 8I like to cool it before I add the sour cream and mayo. But that’s just me.
- 9Cooking it down a second time intensifies the flavors, but it is not necessary.
If you like the consistency then don’t cook it the second time.