Pineapple Apricot Ham Glaze
I have never had such an amazingly juicy ham! The smell that wafts through your kitchen when you make this glaze is to die for! This will be sure to please even the most picky eaters with its sweet tropical tangy taste.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cpineapple juice (unsweetned)
1 capricot preserves
1/4 cdijon mustard
1orange (if desired)
How to Make Pineapple Apricot Ham Glaze
- Grate the zest of the 2 limes (& the 1 orange if you desire). Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from the 2 limes (and about 1/2 of the orange if you are using one) into a sauce pan.
- Add the 8 slices of ginger into the sauce pan. (Make sure the slices are thin)
- Pour 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice into the saucepan as well.
- Boil 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add Lime(and Orange)Zest.
- Add 1 cup Apricot Preserves.
- Add 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard.
- Feel free to use this glaze however you like. We poured half over the ham after it had been cooking about 2 hours (almost a 9lb ham) and basted it every 10 minutes for the next 50 minutes. It takes some work but it is totally worth it! It was so juicy and almost falling off the bone when it was done! Enjoy! :)