Miracle Whip ~Homemade
1/4 tsppowdered garlic
2 Tbsppowdered sugar (see notes increased to 2 tablespoons and why))
1 Tbsplime or lemon juice
1-1/2 cvegetable oil
1-1/2 Tbspcorn starch
1 tspdry mustard
1/2 cboiling water
How to Make Miracle Whip ~Homemade
- Mix the first six ingredients together with a mixer or blender.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly. This an important step.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup oil a little faster, carefully blending in each bit.
- Mix in 2 tbs of vinegar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch, mustard and 2 Tablespoons vinegar together till combined.
- Add to cornstarch mixture to boiling water and cook till smooth and pudding like. It should only take a few minutes.
- Slowly add the hot cornstarch/mustard mixture to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Refrigerate in airtight container or clean jar
- Makes enough to fill one 11.25 oz jar.
- NOTES: the comments all said it was not sweet enough so they added another Tablespoon powdered sugar, so i included changed recipe to two also added the paprika and garlic one recipe had (and is listed on the MW jar). Here is what one person said:
This is a very good base recipe for Miracle Whip. I found when I compared it side by side with Miracle Whip, it was not as sweet. So, I added another tablespoon of powdered sugar and that did the trick. Also, Miracle Whip has paprika and garlic in it. So, I added 1/4 teaspoon of paprika and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic. Tastes just like Miracle Whip to me!!! Good stuff!!