Jicama Slaw with Lime Dressing
This is also good as a sandwich and burger topper..maybe I'm weird but it is!
- 5 corn tortillas, cut in julienne strips
- oil for frying
- 1 cup jicama, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, 1/8 x 3-inch julienne
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, 1/8 x 3-inch julienne
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, 1/8 x 3-inch julienne
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded fine
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded fine
How to Make Jicama Slaw with Lime Dressing
- 1***Lime Dressing***
1 clove garlic, minced
1 minced shallot
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cotija cheese, grated (or parmesan)
- 2Fry tortilla strips in oil until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oil. Drain and cool on paper towels.
Grill jicama slices for about 3 minutes (enough to mark with the grill and slightly soften). After grilling, cool jicama and slice in julienne strips.
Toss the jicama, peppers, cabbages and crispy tortilla strips together in a mixing bowl.
For the lime dressing whisk together the garlic, shallot, cilantro, oil, lime juice and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and distribute evenly. Sprinkle the grated cotija cheese over the salad and mix well.
Blue Mesa Grill Dallas, Texas