IZEKER & BUTCH'S MICHIGAN SAUCE
So my husband and I thought we'd try to make our own version of it with the taste we could come close to theirs. And we are satisfied that we came close to our favorite spot to have Michigans and not leave home : )
2 lbhamburg ( very lean, 85% to 90% )
1 mediumonion finely chopped
1/4 cgreen pepper finely chopped
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspgroung cumin
1 tspworcestershire sauce
2 tspcayenne pepper
2 tspchili powder
3 Tbspspicy brown mustard
2 Tbsptomato paste ( mixed with 1/2 cup water )
How to Make IZEKER & BUTCH'S MICHIGAN SAUCE
- After you have chopped the onion and green pepper by hand to make finer,use food processor.
**You want the taste of the onion and green pepper,but you don't want to see it.
- Don't fry hamburg; Boil it in 2 cups water,breaking it up to a fine texture until liquid is gone.
- Then add paste and 1/2 cup water; if not red enough for your liking,add a little bit, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Simmer and turning until most liquid is gone,20 minutes.
**You don't want this to ever go to a fry state.
- Serve on grilled hot dog buns,beef hot dogs,Michigan Sauce,Yellow Mustard,Chopped Onion. GET~R~Done!!