Homemade Miracle Whip
- egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- flour or corn starch
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Homemade Miracle Whip
- 1Using a blender or electric mixer, blend egg yolks, salt, sugar and 1 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- 2Slowly pour in 1 cup oil, a few drops at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- 3Add remaining 1/2 cup oil a little faster, carefully blending in each bit before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 4Mix the flour, mustard, boiling water and vinegar together until smooth
- 5Pour into a small saucepan and cook until smooth and paste-like (but not too thick).
- 6Slowly add this hot mixture to the mayonnaise and blend well.
- 7Pour in a container and cool in the refrigerator