Homemade Best Foods/Hellmanns Mayonnaise
How to Make Homemade Best Foods/Hellmanns Mayonnaise
- 1Break egg into bottom of 1-quart canning jar or other tall narrow jar. The jar should be only slightly wider than the end of the stick blender.
- 2Add lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, table salt and white pepper.
- 3Add 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- 4Place mixing blades of stick blender (turned off) all the way to the bottom of the jar, pressing down over the egg.
- 5Turn stick blender on high speed, hold in place at bottom of jar for about 5-seconds, until you see mayonnaise form under stick blender's mixing blades.
- 6Slowly pull stick blender upward until the mixing blades reaches top of jar, taking about 5-seconds to do so. The stick blender will turn the oil into mayonnaise as it is pulled slowly to the top of the jar
- 7Chill before using to allow mayonnaise to thicken slightly and for flavors to develop.
- 8I use this pretty quickly and always remember it does not have preservatives in it. Being as it makes one cups has never been a concern. Have never tried using egg substitute for it should work ok if you want to try.