3 cchopped celery
2 conion medium chop
1 1/2 Tbspsalt
1/3 tsppepper (add till it is to your taste)
1 can(s)chicken broth
1 ozpoultry seasoning (add till u like the taste)
2loaves of bread. i use 1 wheat and 1 white
How to Make Grandmas stuffing. Simple and the best!
- slice or tear 2 loaves of bread. I do it the night before and add half of my poultry seasoning mixing well and leave covered with a light towel till ready to use.
- wash and chop celery and onion. melt butter in sauce pan,add celery and onion and sautee' on medium low heat till soft. remove from heat
- I add half of my poultry seasoning,salt & pepper to this when veggies are done. also add your can of broth.so it warms from the veggies.
- add your sauce pan of broth and veggies mixing with your hands or large spoon until mixed well. you can stuff it in the turkey or cook in a pan. If you cook it in a pan add an extra 1/4 to 1/2 cup broth to keep moist.
- if stuffing in the turkey cook till turkey is done and then pull stuffing out and place in separate covered bowl. I have left mine in the turkey and just refrigerated as soon as dinner was over.
- HINT* if you like turkey soup, the stuffing makes a wonderful added taste.From our family to yours, Enjoy!