Eydie's ranch style Macaroni Salad
- 1/4-1/2 large
- head of lettuce
- 1 1/2-2
- med cucumbers, quartered lengthwise, then slice in chunks
- 1 1/2 medium
- celery stalks. cut lengthwise, then sliced in small chunks (or slices)
- 2-3 large
- tomatoes, cut up in chunks
- 1/2-3/4 box
- macaroni, we like the small-med shells
- 1 medium
- green, yellow and or red bell pepper
- 1/2 pkg
- dry ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 Tbsp
- real mayo
How to Make Eydie's ranch style Macaroni Salad
- 1While cooking Macaroni (add salt) pinch lettuce into bite sized pieces (never cut lettuce, it makes it turn brown on the edges), dice tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, and green/red/yellow peppers..mix these together...
- 2Cook Macaroni till it's tender, don't over cook...once it's done, drain and rinse with cold water till it's completely cold to stop the "cooking" process...drain
add to salad a quarter at a time..you don't to "over Mac" it...you want as much or a touch more Mac than veggies..
- 3Add Mayo., half packet of Ranch dressing, mix together then add salt and pepper to taste...enjoy..