★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)pinto beans, rinsed and drained
3 largetomatoes, chopped
2green bell peppers, chopped
4 ozjalapenos, fresh, seeded and chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
2 can(s)whole kernel corn, drained
2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
10 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled
1 boxcornbread mix (enough to make a 9-in. square)
4 ozhidden valley dressing packet
1 csour cream
How to Make Cornbread Salad
- Make enough cornbread for a 9-inch square pan (can use a mix or go homemade). Bake, cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Mix well the following and set aside: 4oz. Hidden Valley dressing packet, 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayo.
note: my family likes more dressing, so I either make more or keep a bottle of ranch dressing on the side.
- Place HALF of each of the ingredients in a LARGE bowl in layers in the following order:
Peppers (both kinds)
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: uncover and gently mix to incorporate ingredients. Make sure your bowl is LARGE otherwise stuff starts falling out!