- recipe of southern cornbread Southern Cornbread MMB
- loaf of white bread, dried out
- onion chopped fine
- broth from giblets
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth (if needed)
- chicken boullion cubes
- 1-2 tsp
- egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- celery chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Cornbread Dressing
- 1Remove giblets from turkey. Add to a pot of water with 1/4 stick of butter. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2-3 hours. (If you aren't cooking a turkey, you could just use all chicken broth).
- 2Southern Cornbread MMB I normally make the cornbread the night before and turn it out into the mixing bowl I will use. I also set out my white bread to dry overnight. You Crumble up the cornbread and white bread. Add chopped onion and celery. Add bouillon cubes to the hot broth to dissolve. Slowly add the broth to the bread mixture. You want it to be moist but not soupy. Use chicken broth if you need more moisture. Add pepper, sage and egg. Mix well.
- 3Stuff in the turkey cavity and bake until the bird is done.
- 4If you bake separately, bake in a large casserole dish at 350 for 3-4 hours. We use a deep casserole dish, so it takes longer. If you use more shallow one, it might take 2-3 hours.