Cindi's Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 9 Tbsp
- strawberry jam (*see note)
- 4-1/2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar, or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp
- 1/16 tsp
- salt (or just a pinch)
- add in: 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds (optional)
How to Make Cindi's Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1In a bowl, jar, or a glass measuring cup, add all the above ingredients; mix by stirring with a spoon.
- 2If desired, add a 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds to the dressing; stir to mix.
- 3Serve dressing immediately with your favorite salad fixings, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4*Note: When I prepared this vinaigrette dressing, I originally used a home-cooked strawberry jam, which I had prepared with a light powdered pectin, SURE JELL (in the pink box), but today I made this dressing using Ball Instant Fruit Pectin, it's a no-cooked strawberry jam. Both are great for this recipe.
- 5Also: I enjoy this dressing served over a bed of spinach, along with chopped smoked honey-turkey deli meat, hard boiled egg slices, and chunks of fresh pineapple. I've also enjoyed this served with a mixture of red lettuce, leafy green lettuce, fresh blueberries, canned pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, slices of red onion, and pecan halves. And I've even enjoyed the dressing over baby romaine lettuce, along with mandarin oranges, canned pineapple chunks, and sliced almonds.