1 conion, chopped
4 ccelery, chopped with tops
1/4 cparsley, chopped
6 cwhite bread, cubed and dried
1 lbchestnuts, roasted, peeled and chopped
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
1/4 chalf and half
1/4 cwhite wine
How to Make Chestnut Stuffing
- In hot butter in a large skillet, saute onion, celery and parsley, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- In a large kettle, combine bread cubes, chestnuts, salt, pepper and nutmeg; Toss to mix well.
- Combine half-and-half and wine; mix well.
- Add to bread mixture, along with the vegetables and drippings in skillet; Toss lightly, using 2 forks.
- NOTE: Makes enough for 12-16 pound bird.