Yogurt walnut dip
When I was young my father was making this dip for his friends when they get together for drinks, but I remember to have it with chips and love it and still prepare it for my party too.
to prepare this dip you add some spices and other thing (not fruit) to taste different.
You can serve with drink, chips and corn chips.
3 cyogurt, low-fat, plain
2 largecucumber, chopped in 1/4 inch
1 tspmint, dried (or fresh and fine chopped)
1 tspdill, dried (or fresh and fine chopped)
1 tspbasil, dried (or fresh and fine chopped)
1/2 cwalnuts (cut in small pcs)
1/2 cunsweetened raisins, small size
1 dash(es)black pepper
1 dash(es)garlic powder (or garlic salt)
1 dash(es)onion powder
1/4 pinchrose water petal dried powder (if like it)
4 smallrose water whole dried petals- for decoration
How to Make Yogurt walnut dip
- After chopped the walnuts put it in refrigerator with raisins.
- Buy the small cucumbers, Persian or Japanese. Wash the cucumbers and chop them in 1/4" (don't peel them)
- Pure yogurt in a medium bowl and add the chopped cucumber to it. Save some for decoration.
- If your mint, dill and basil are fresh, wash them and cut and chop them to very fine pcs.
Then add mint, dill and basil powder to yogurt mix.
- Next add black pepper, garlic and onion powder to yogurt mix.
- Put the yogurt mix in the refrigerator until you want to serve, not more than few hours. Before serve add walnut, raisins. Add dried rose water petal powder if you like, this is for smell (rose water) and color. If you like you can add more.
- You can design this dip with some chopped cucumber and whole dried rose water petal and fresh basil leaves.