Ultimate BLT Dip
Appetizers are my favorite thing to make. This is another crowd pleaser when I make it for people.
1 pkg(8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 csour cream
1/2 cranch dressing
1/2 tspgranulated garlic
1/2 tsponion powder
1 1/2 tspmixed dried herbs (parsley, chives, dill, italian seasoning))
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
2 Tbspsweet onion, finely chopped
1 Tbspred, yellow, or white onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 carugula, chopped
1 lbbacon, cooked and chopped
4 - 5roma tomatoes, seeded, drained and chopped
How to Make Ultimate BLT Dip
- Before I start with the directions, please note, that you can use light cream cheese, mayo and sour cream. I do this quite often and it is still delicous.
- Also note, when adding the garlic, onion powder and dried herbs. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Soften the cream cheese and mix with the mayonnaise, sour cream and ranch dressing. Then add the garlic, onion powder and dried herbs. Once this is mixed well, add the celery and onion. Chill this mixture for at least an hour to blend the flavors. Proceed with the rest of the ingredient preparation.
- Cook the bacon, chop and cool. Chop arugula, and tomatoes. Set these 3 ingredients aside in separate dishes until just before you are ready to serve the dip.
- Just before serving, fold the bacon, arugula and tomatoes into the cream cheese mixture. Serve with assorted crackers, crusty bread, tortilla chips or veggies.
- You can substitute most any green for arugula, but the closest matches are Belgian endive, escarole, and dandelion greens. Or spinach - Arugula has the best flavor - (it's peppery tasting)