TEX-MEX FLAMING CHEESE
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 oz. loose mexican-style chorizo
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 tomato, diced
- 4 cups grated monterey jack
- 1 tbsp. (151-proof) rum or everclear
- homemade or store-bought flour tortillas for serving
- tortilla chips for dipping
How to Make TEX-MEX FLAMING CHEESE
- 1Preheat oven to 400°. Fry chorizo in a medium skillet over medium heat for 6–8 minutes. Add onions and tomatoes, cook until onions are soft, 8–10 minutes, and set aside.
- 2Put monterey jack into a small cast-iron skillet and bake until melted, 12–15 minutes. Spoon chorizo mixture over cheese. Pour rum or everclear over cheese and carefully ignite with a kitchen match. Serve with warm tortillas and tortilla chips.