Teia was a Russian lady that worked in our custom drapery work room and she brought this dip one day. I took one look at and said "WHAT on earth is that!!!!?"s it didn't look appetizing at all but it was so delicious!!
I begged for the recipe and she gave it to me but no measurements but I played with it till I got it to taste like Teia's!!
She was a fantastic cook!!!
- 1 large
- eggplant, skin on and sliced. put in a glass dish and sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt. let sit for 15 - 20 mins
- olive oil, enough to cover the bottom of a large saute pan to 1/16 inch.
- - 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- -2 chopped red pepper
- fresh tomatoes, puree in a blender or 1/2 can of 28 ounce tomatoes
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- fresh basil
How to Make Teia's Dip
- 1Drain the eggplant and saute in the olive oil, both sides.Set aside and also drain again if necessary....don't want any liquid.
In a separate fry pan add more olive oil...approx 2 or 3 tbsps.....saute onions,red peppers and garlic...add tomatoes and cook 2 or 3 mins.
add the cooked eggplant.
Cook until all the ingredients are starting to blend together.
Add Fresh basil..as much as you like....and s/p to taste.
Serve it with crisp pita bread or crackers.
This is so yummy!! We love it!!