Super Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Crockpot Dip
Just a note - all recipes I've seen for this type of dip recommend squeezing the spinach dry. I didn't. The extra moisture helps keep this super cheesy recipe from getting too "tight".
For the best taste, make this the night before, heat it through to melt the cheese & refrigerate it in the crock pot (if a unit with a removable crock). The flavors marry together beautifully!
8 ozcream cheese
1/2 pthalf and half
1 1/2 tspadobo powder
1 1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cparmesan cheese, shredded
10 bag(s)spinach, frozen
14 ozartichoke hearts, canned
·black pepper (to taste)
1 smallonion, diced (optional)
How to Make Super Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Crockpot Dip
- If including onions, dice and drop in a lightly sprayed frying pan over medium high heat to soften slightly. (I like to let them just start to turn golden brown). Set aside to cool.
- Drain the artichokes. Roughly chop them into small chunks and set aside.
- Thaw and drain the spinach; set aside to drain further.
- In crock pot, blend cream cheese, half and half, mayonnaise, adobo powder and black pepper until smooth.
- Add shredded cheeses, chopped artichoke, spinach and onions and mix thoroughly. Set crock pot to high and warm through for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with your choice of chips or bread for dipping.