Super Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Crockpot Dip
Just a note - all recipes I've seen for this type of dip recommend squeezing the spinach dry. I didn't. The extra moisture helps keep this super cheesy recipe from getting too "tight".
For the best taste, make this the night before, heat it through to melt the cheese & refrigerate it in the crock pot (if a unit with a removable crock). The flavors marry together beautifully!
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 pt
- half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp
- adobo powder
- 1 1/2 c
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 10 bag(s)
- spinach, frozen
- 14 oz
- artichoke hearts, canned
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 small
- onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Super Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Crockpot Dip
- 1If including onions, dice and drop in a lightly sprayed frying pan over medium high heat to soften slightly. (I like to let them just start to turn golden brown). Set aside to cool.
- 2Drain the artichokes. Roughly chop them into small chunks and set aside.
- 3Thaw and drain the spinach; set aside to drain further.
- 4In crock pot, blend cream cheese, half and half, mayonnaise, adobo powder and black pepper until smooth.
- 5Add shredded cheeses, chopped artichoke, spinach and onions and mix thoroughly. Set crock pot to high and warm through for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- 6Serve warm with your choice of chips or bread for dipping.