St. John's Dip
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This has all the flavor of a tasty burrito without the tortilla! I do believe that this would easily be a hit at any gathering. The Test Kitchen
1 lblean hamburger
1 can(s)re-fried beans
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
8 ozsour cream
4 ozdiced green chiles
1 cshredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cchopped black olives (optional)
1/2 cchopped red pepper (optional)
1 pkgtortilla chips
How to Make St. John's Dip
- Brown the Hamburger, over medium heat, and drain off fat.
- Add Re-Fried Beans and mix with browned hamburger till smooth.
- Mix in Taco Seasoning mix.
- Spread Hamburger mixture on bottom of 8x8 baking pan.
- Spread Sour Cream over Hamburger mixture.
- Top Sour Cream with diced Green Chile's.
- Cover Green Chile's with shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Sprinkle the chopped Black Olives and chopped Red Pepper over the shredded Cheddar Cheese, but don't cover entirely.
- Place in Pre-heated 350° oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cheese should be melted and bubbly.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips.