Spicy Nacho Cheese Dip
This can also be made in a crock pot if you don't mind waiting for it to melt the cheese. It's especially good served in a small crock pot, one with a "warm" setting that doesn't get too hot.
- 1 lb
- hot country breakfast sausage (pork)
- 2 lb
- velveeta light cheese food, cut in cubes
- 2 can(s)
- ro_tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (or more)
How to Make Spicy Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1Crumble and brown the sausage in a skillet over medium high heat until browned and a bit crispy. Drain off fat and set aside.
- 2Place Velveeta cheese cubes and Ro-Tel in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat on high about 3-5 minutes, stirring after each minute, until cheese is completely melted and Ro-Tel is well blended and smooth.
- 3Stir in Jalapeno peppers and the drained sausage, combining well. Serve warm, or in a smaller crock pot with a very low or warm setting. Serve with tortilla chips, or baked pita triangles.
- 4To make baked pita triangles, cut a package of pita bread into fourths using a pizza cutter. Spread out on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake at 350 degrees about 10-12 minutes, until crisp but not too brown. Cool on rack; package in an air-tight container.