Southern Style Chicken Dip
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick
- 2 can(s)
- 10 ozs. each of chicken, drained
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of chicken soup
- 1 c
- 2 pkg
- 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. bag of shredded mexican cheese
How to Make Southern Style Chicken Dip
- 1In large skillet, saute onions in butter until clear and tender, but not browned. Cool slightly in skillet.
- 2Add cream cheese, chicken soup, and mayo. Blend well. Add drained chicken and garlic powder, then about 1/4 of the bag of Mexican cheese. Mix all very well.
- 3Pour into 2 qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Level out, then sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of chicken mixture. Then top with the remainder of the Mexican cheese.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, until hot and bubbly. Serve with Doritos or Tostitos, flavored or plain.