1 lbfresh tomatillos, husked and washed or 1 large can tomatillos
8 - 10jalapeno or serrano peppers, roughly chopped
1 Tbspfinely chopped cilantro
1 smallonion, chopped
1 tspchopped garlic
1/2 clime juice or white vinager
·salt to taste
How to Make Salsa Verde
- In a medium saucepan add fresh tomatillos, peppers and enough water to just cover. Salt lightly.
- Cook for 15 minutes and drain.
- If you are using canned tomatillos, just drain them and remove the clear skins.
- Place tomatillos, peppers (stems removed), cilantro, onion, garlic and lime juice in food processor.
- Process until almost smooth. Taste and add salt of needed.