- 1 lb
- fresh tomatillos, husked and washed or 1 large can tomatillos
- 8 - 10
- jalapeno or serrano peppers, roughly chooped
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped cilantro
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- chopped garlic
- 1/2 c
- lime juice or white vinager
- salt to taste
How to Make Salsa Verde
- 1In a medium saucepan add fresh tomatillos, peppers and enough water to just cover. Salt lightly.
- 2Cook for 15 minutes and drain.
- 3If you are using canned tomatillos, just drain them.
- 4Place tomatillos, peppers (stems removed), cilantro, onion, garlic and lime juice in food processor.
- 5Process until almost smooth. Taste and add salt of needed.