Salsa - Award Winning
1 smallwhite onion
2 smalljalapenos, fresh
2 smallserrano chiles
3-4chipotle peppers - dried if possible
1 can(s)tomatoes, canned whole
1 can(s)tomatoes, crushed
1 bunchcilantro, fresh
2 Tbsplime juice
1 pinchsea salt
How to Make Salsa - Award Winning
- Add the following ingredients to a food processor fitted with blade: white onion (peeled and quartered), peppers (removed of seeds),1/2 can of whole tomatoes -- pulse until desired consistency -- I like pretty small pieces
- Pour contents of food processor into large bowl and combine with crushed tomatoes
- Back in food processor, add remaining 1/2 can of whole tomatoes and cilantro. Pulse until cilantro is well distributed.
- Combine tomato/cilantro combination with first tomato/pepper combination. Add can of crushed tomatoes, lime juice, salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Serve or refrigerate for several days as needed.
- Note: For chipotle peppers, I prefer to the dried kind if possible, but they can be hard to find so it is okay to use the canned ones in sauce.
- Note: Change the number of peppers per your taste for heat. Removing the seeds helps keep the heat down so handle as you like.