R.R. Swiss & Bacon Dip
- 8 slice
- center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 oz
- softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- (rounded) prepared dijon style mustard
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- scallions, chopped
- 1/2 c
- smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch
- baby carrots and a selection of spiced flat breads, cocktail sized pumpernickel or rye breads, or sliced whole grain baguettes, for dipping
How to Make R.R. Swiss & Bacon Dip
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with chopped smoked almonds. Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.
- 4Variation: Swiss and Bacon Dip with Horseradish - Stir in 2 rounded teaspoons prepared horseradish when combining cheese and bacon.