Plum sauce, my first
You make a plum sauce.
I did not know what I was doing, but oh well, cut in half and throw in a pot with some water and sugar and then decide what to do with it.
I was so lucky to find a recipe that used some of the ingredients I had on hand.
I served with barbecued chicken strips and let who ever wanted to try it could take a dip.
The recipe, with a minor adjustments was from
- red plums and 6 sweet, yellow plums, pitted
- 1/2 c
- sugar, more or less for taste
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic, more or less for taste
- 1/2 tsp
- sesame seeds, as an option
How to Make Plum sauce, my first
- 1You can follow the directions on martha's page or follow mine here.
- 2Cut plums in half, take pits out and add to a pot with the water and sugar and simmer for about 1/2 to 1 hr., removing skins as they cook down.
(I had already simmered red plums and cooked down until I found this recipe and then added the rest of the plums and simmered until I could remove the skins with a fork.)
- 3After the plums have cooked down and skins removed, add the garlic, balsamic vinegar and salt.
Continue to simmer until, you get the thickness you desire.