Pass The Pigskin Cheese Spread
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- montreal style steak seasoning
- 14 oz
- can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 c
- chopped black olives
- 4 oz
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 c
- chopped tomato
- 1/2 c
- chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 12 oz
- cooked bacon
- assorted crackers, chips, baguette or crudité for serving
How to Make Pass The Pigskin Cheese Spread
- 1In a medium mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, garlic, steak seasoning, artichokes, olives, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato, cilantro and ¼ cup of the mayonnaise. Once the mixture is well combined, place the mixture in a plastic wrap lined small mixing bowl, and place it in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- 2While the cheese mixture is chilling, place the bacon in a food processor and pulse until it is very finely chopped.
- 3When the cheese mixture has firmed up, remove it from the fridge and turn it over onto a serving platter. Using your hands, shape the wrapped cheese mixture into the shape of a football. Remove the layer of plastic wrap and then lightly press the finely chopped bacon into the cheese mixture, covering it completely.
- 4Place the remaining 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise into a small plastic zip top bag. Using scissors, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe the mayo on top of the bacon, making it look like the laces on a football.
- 5Serve spread with crackers, chips, baguette or crudité.