Pass The Pigskin Cheese Spread
8 ozcream cheese, at room temperature
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspmontreal style steak seasoning
14 ozcan artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/3 cchopped black olives
4 ozshredded monterey jack cheese
1/3 cchopped tomato
1/2 cchopped cilantro
·¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
12 ozcooked bacon
·assorted crackers, chips, baguette or crudité for serving
How to Make Pass The Pigskin Cheese Spread
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese, garlic, steak seasoning, artichokes, olives, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato, cilantro and ¼ cup of the mayonnaise. Once the mixture is well combined, place the mixture in a plastic wrap lined small mixing bowl, and place it in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- While the cheese mixture is chilling, place the bacon in a food processor and pulse until it is very finely chopped.
- When the cheese mixture has firmed up, remove it from the fridge and turn it over onto a serving platter. Using your hands, shape the wrapped cheese mixture into the shape of a football. Remove the layer of plastic wrap and then lightly press the finely chopped bacon into the cheese mixture, covering it completely.
- Place the remaining 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise into a small plastic zip top bag. Using scissors, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe the mayo on top of the bacon, making it look like the laces on a football.
- Serve spread with crackers, chips, baguette or crudité.