Oh soooo good fruit dip, pie filling and cake topping/icing
- 1 pkg
- coolwhip (large tub, 2 small if large is not available)
- 1 pkg
- vanilla instant pudding (large)
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese (8 oz block)
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple juice (small)
- 1 large
- mixing bowl
- fruit or cake of your choice
How to Make Oh soooo good fruit dip, pie filling and cake topping/icing
- 1Set cream cheese out to soften or place block in the bowl you're going to use and microwave for about 10-15 seconds. You want the cream cheese to mix smoothly with your spatula or whisk.
- 2Add pineapple juice to cream cheese in small amounts whisking the mixture smooth each time.
- 3Add coolwhip to cream cheese mixture by heaping spatula fulls, mixing with the spatula until well combined and the entire tub has been incorporated.
- 4Add 1/2 of the vanilla instant pudding and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Scrape down the sides with your spatula and give a good mix. Add remainder of the pudding and again whisk until thoroughly mixed. Remember to scrape the sides and give a good mix again. You can add different extracts to suit your taste, but I would recommend tasting prior to adding any additional flavoring.
- 5Serve with fresh fruit (with strawberries is very delicious), on top of a cake, use it as a pie filling for a frozen or cold dessert, eat it alone, or use it to layer a triffle. This is a very versitle and can be used for many different things. Let your imagination run wild!
- 6The mixture can be thinned or thickened to your preference by adding more or less pudding. Preparing as is will have a marshmallow fluff type consistency.
- 7You can substitute the pineapple juice with a liquid of your choice. I've used coffee and espresso to make pies. Very, very good.
I've also used milk and then flavored with various extracts to make lemmon, almond and mint. For a deeper more complex adult dessert, substitute the pineapple juice with the liquor of your choice.
I've also changed out the pudding to chocolate, banana cream, and strawberry to make a really great strawberry cake and different cream pies. I've also used it to top my strawberry shortcake. Again, get creative and experiment. It's a great base to your great recipe.
- 8If you taste the recipe and it has a "gritty" texture, don't worry it's just the pudding that hasn't desolved. Put it in the fridge for about 30 mins and mix again. It will be smooth as silk. I've only ever had this happen to me once.