Mushroom Blue Cheese Dip
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspminced roasted garlic
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
3-8 oz pkgsliced button mushrooms
1-8 oz pkgphilly chive and garlic spread
1 1/2 ccrumbled blue cheese
1 bunchgreen onions, diced
1 1/2 tspsmoked paprika
1 tspcayenne pepper (optional)
·baked pita chips or toasted french bread
How to Make Mushroom Blue Cheese Dip
- preheat oven to 350
- melt butter in skillet. add sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with worcestershire sauce and roasted garlic. sautee until mushrooms have softened and some of the moisture cooks out. don't completly cook them. poor into colander and let them drain about 20 minutes then transfer to a casserole dish.
- dice green onions, including stems. set aside about 1/2 of the green stems.
- mix together the Philly spread, blue cheese, green onion (except reserved green stems), 1 tsp. smoked paprika and cayenne pepper if using.
- pour over mushrooms in casserole dish and mix.
- cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and top with remaining smoked paprika and green onion stems. Serve with baked pita chips or toasted french bread.