Jeanne's Hot Sauce
6 - 8jalapeno peppers
1medium white onion, finely chopped
1 Tbspchopped garlic
1/2 cfresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 can(s)(28 oz) hunts petite diced tomatoes
1 can(s)(28 oz) hunts crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsplawry's california blend garlic salt
·juice of 1 or 2 limes
·if this is too hot for your taste you may want to remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers. you can also reduce the amount of jalapeno peppers and replace with 1 or 2 diced bell peppers. you will still have the pepper crunch but not the heat.
How to Make Jeanne's Hot Sauce
- Remove stems from peppers, cut into two or three pieces and place into food processor.
- Pulse 5 or 6 times to get a small chunky texture. Pour into a large container that has an air-tight lid.
- Chop the onions into a fine dice and add to peppers.
- Add the chopped garlic and chopped cilantro; stir to combine well.
- Add the tomato products, garlic salt and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the container and put this salsa into the refrigerator for at least an hour for flavors to combine. Better if refrigerated overnight.
- Since this is made of fresh ingredients, it must be refrigerated at all times.
- If this is going to be sitting out for a while, place your serving bowl into a shallow dish of crushed ice to keep it chilled.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cubes of your favorite cheese.