2pouches of prepared guacamole (i prefer wholly guacamole brand)
2 - 3avacados, peeled and diced
2 Tbspsour cream
1/4 ckraft italian salad dressing
1/2 tspgarlic salt or to taste
1/2 tspblack pepper or to taste
1/4red onion, diced
1 - 2jalapeno peppers, finely diced
3roma tomatoes, diced
1 Tbspcilantro, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make Jeanne's Guacamole
- In a medium bowl (that has an airtight lid), place the contents of both pouches of guacamole.
- Halve and peel the avocados. Remove the pit and dice each half and add to the prepared guacamole; stir.
- Add the sour cream, lime juice and salad dressing; stir to combine.
- Add the onion, peppers,tomatoes and cilantro . If you don’t want too much heat, remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers.
- Gently stir all ingredients so that it is mixed well.
- Place a piece of clear plastic wrap over the mixture and press down so it is tight against it. This will prevent air from getting to the guacamole and turning brown.
- Place the airtight lid on the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, discard the plastic wrap and stir again.
- Serve as a salad over a bed of lettuce or in a hollowed out tomato “cup”; or as a dip with tortilla chips.