- pouches of prepared guacamole (i prefer wholly guacamole brand)
- 2 - 3
- avacados, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- kraft italian salad dressing
- lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper or to taste
- red onion, diced
- 1 - 2
- jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make Jeanne's Guacamole
- 1In a medium bowl (that has an airtight lid), place the contents of both pouches of guacamole.
- 2Halve and peel the avocados. Remove the pit and dice each half and add to the prepared guacamole; stir.
- 3Add the sour cream, lime juice and salad dressing; stir to combine.
- 4Add the onion, peppers,tomatoes and cilantro . If you don’t want too much heat, remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers.
- 5Gently stir all ingredients so that it is mixed well.
- 6Place a piece of clear plastic wrap over the mixture and press down so it is tight against it. This will prevent air from getting to the guacamole and turning brown.
- 7Place the airtight lid on the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- 8When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, discard the plastic wrap and stir again.
- 9Serve as a salad over a bed of lettuce or in a hollowed out tomato “cup”; or as a dip with tortilla chips.