Italian Sausage & Cannellini Bean Dip
There are people who make up 'to go boxes' at the main transfer center for drivers that have their lunch break out on another area of their route.
- 2 lb
- bulk italian sausage, cooked, drained, and broken into bite size pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 6 oz
- can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 15.5 oz
- cans cannellini beans [white kidney beans] drained
- 1 7 oz
- can chopped green chile's
- 2 10 oz
- cans rotel diced tomatoes, mexican lime & cilantro flavored, undrained
- 4 8 oz
- packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 oz
- package sour cream
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic, or to suit your taste
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh ground black peppercorns, or to suite taste
How to Make Italian Sausage & Cannellini Bean Dip
- 1Brown, and break apart while cooking, the Italian sausage in a heavy skillet on medium heat to prevent burnt meat. If you prefer something spicier, get the Hot Italian bulk sausage. Or, you can use regular bulk sausage. Once the meat is cooked through, drain fat off by letting the meat cool on paper towels.
- 2While the sausage is cooking, chop the onion, red pepper, slice the drained black olives into a medium bowl to add later.
- 3Put the 2 cans of drained cannellini beans in a large bowl with the can of chopped green chilies. I used my metal potato masher [not a small squared shapes plastic masher] to start mixing the beans and the chilies.
- 4Add the two cans of undrained Rotel diced tomatoes, and 1 block of cream cheese at a time, and blend it in with the potato masher until roughly smooth. Blend in the sour cream, garlic, and black pepper with the potato masher until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- 5Add the cooled, drained, sausage as you break the meat apart into smaller pieces. Add the bowl of chopped veggies and fold it all into the mixture until well blended. If you have a lid for your large mixing bowl, just snap it on, and chill several hours before serving. I had to divide my batch between two large rectangular containers with tight fitting lids.