Hummus- "Chick Pea Dip"
Traditionaly Middle Easterners will serve it one of two ways.
1. Brown ground lamb & onions seasoned with salt, pepper, allspice & a tad of nutmeg. Spoon over hummus.
2. Brown 3 tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds in 2 tbsp butter. Sprinkle over hummus.
How to Make Hummus- "Chick Pea Dip"
- Simmer chick peas for 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserve liquid.
- Place chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, salt & cumin in food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Taste & add seasonings as needed. If mixture is too thick you can add some of the reserved liquid.
- Place hummus onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with addtional olive oil & freshly snipped parsley.
- This is great served with radishes, carrots, red pepper strips, pickles and toasted pita bread.
- Tahini, which is a sesame seed paste, can usualy be found in grocery stores in the international foods section. A friend of mine uses peanut butter in place of it with satisfying results.