Hot Habanero Mustard
1 1/2 cwhite vinegar
1 1/2 cwater
8large habaneros, chopped
1 call purpose flour
16 oz.french's yellow mustard
1 Tbspdry mustard
How to Make Hot Habanero Mustard
- First cut up your habanero peppers, you want to use the seeds too. (I usually get my hubby to do this part for me as I have contacts). Or you can use gloves.
- Combine the vinegar, water, salt and peppers and simmer on medium heat until the peppers are tender. Usually takes about 6 to 7 minutes. The fumes will eventually get to you and you will start to cough so be very careful.
- While the peppers are cooking, in a separate bowl combine your sugar, flour, dry mustard and the turmeric and mix well and then add your mustard to the mix.
- Add the mustard mixture to the pepper mixture and mix well, stirring frequently until thicken.
- Spoon the hot mixture into 8 sterilized hot 1/2 pint jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal with prepared lids, according to their instructions, I place my lids and rings in a saucepan, add water, and heat the water up, not to a boil, you just want them warm and remove from heat. Process jars in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.