Hot Cheese in a Jar
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From The Best of the Best From Texas.
- 2 lb
- velveeta cheese, melted (do not substitute)
- 1 medium
- onion, grated
- 1 5.3 oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 pt
- miracle whip (do not substitute)
- 1 8-oz can(s)
- seeded, deveined, jalapeño peppers, chopped fine (cut off stems)
How to Make Hot Cheese in a Jar
- 1Melt cheese in top of double boiler.
- 2Add onion, milk, Miracle Whip and peppers to melted cheese, and mix well.
- 3Pour into 6 (8-ounce) jelly jars.
- 4Cool, screw on caps, refrigerate.
- 5May be used as a cheese spread or let stand about 30 minutes at room temperature and may be used as a dip.
- 6Ingredients may be mixed in a blender then added to the melted cheese.
- 7Yields 6 jars.