This recipe is easily adaptable. If you prefer a mayo dressing just use 1/2 cup of mayo in place of the oil & vinegar. You can use any deli meats you like!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4-1/2 lb
- sliced deli meats of your choosing -- i use salami, ham, pepperoni and mortadella for italian-style, otherwise i use ham, bologna, and turkey
- 1/4 lb
- (or more if you like) sliced cheese (i use provolone for italian-style, cheddar or american otherwise)
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
- salt/pepper/oregano (optional)
How to Make Hoagie dip
- 1Chop meats and cheese in small pieces, add oil/vinegar and mix -- I use my hands as I find it works best for breaking apart the little pieces, but you can use a spoon or fork.
- 2Add seasonings and mix again to incorporate. Serve with hand-torn chunks of crusty bread.
- 3You can make up to a day ahead -- just cover and refrigerate. You can also add vegetables like chopped tomato, shredded lettuce or diced cucumber, but I find they get soggy if the dip isn't served right away.