Guacamole for a crowd-Annette's
Last month hubby and I decided to take a huge batch of guacamole. We LOVE it. This is how we make it and it was a huge hit. Many said it was the best they'd ever had. That made us feel great because we feel the same. We love our own better than anywhere we can get it.
Recipe and photos are my own.
- 10 large
- hass avocados
- 1 large
- 1 large
- vidalia onion
- 1 1/2 pt
- sweet grape tomatoes
- 5 pkg
- mccormick spicy guacamole mix
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 bunch
- cilantro, fresh
- lots of fresh ground sea salt
How to Make Guacamole for a crowd-Annette's
- 1Cut avocados in half and take out seed. Set 3-4 aside. While still in the peel, take a knife and cut downward inside the avocado and then crosswords making a small dice. Using a spoon and holding over a large bowl, scoop out the inside. Repeat this until all of your avocados are done. Sprinkle with McCormick's avocado mix. Set aside.
- 2Chop your onion. Also cut your tomatoes in half at a diagonal. If they are larger than average, cut them in thirds. Chop your cilantro as well. Set aside.
- 3Put your lime in the microwave for 20 seconds then roll it on a hard surface pressing down slightly. This helps you get as much juice out of your citrus as possible. Cut it in half. Using a citrus squeezer, squeeze half the lime at a time over the avocados. Make sure you get all the juice out of the lime halves. If you don't have a citrus squeezer and are doing this by hand, you may need to use more than one lime. We can typically squeeze about 1/2 cups and often more juice out of our limes this way. Add the garlic and SEVERAL grinds of fresh ground sea salt. We use about 10 grinds or more.
- 4Using a potato masher, mash your avocados. Make sure you leave a small portion of them semi chunky and the rest semi smooth. Add your onions and tomatoes and fold them in.
- 5Put 2 avocado seeds at the bottom of your serving bowl and pour the finished product on top. Place another 1 or 2 seeds on top along with some extra chopped onion and tomatoes for garnish. Cover with Saran wrap and chill for at LEAST one hour. The longer the better. Serve with tortilla chips and watch it disappear. Enjoy!