Fire Roasted Salsa
CAUTION - It is easy to overdo the heat with this recipe. I would add a pepper or two at a time until it's right for you. If you get it too spicy just add a little sugar and that should kill some of the heat.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 or 4 clovefresh garlic
1/4 bunchfresh cilantro
1 1/2 tspliquid smoke - mesquite flavor
How to Make Fire Roasted Salsa
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over med-high heat
- Rub olive oil over all over the tomatoes. Put the tomatoes in the skillet while turning every now and again. After about 5 minutes, add the jalapenos. Continue to turn the tomatoes and jalapenos. When most of the surface of the pepper has charred remove them. The tomatoes will turn partially black. When the skin is cracked and peel remove them. Put the peppers and tomatoes aside on a plate.
You can light a grill and place the tomatoes and jalapenos on the grate instead of using the skillet if you prefer.
- When the tomatoes and peppers are cooled, remove most of the skin from the tomatoes and place them in a blender along with the peppers.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and puree for 5-10 seconds or until it is a smooth texture.
- Place the salsa into a covered dish and chill at least several hours or overnight so the flavors fully develop.