Drema's "Hot Sausage" Rolls
After baking each bundle you can then slice into 1" bite size pieces speared with cocktail pick.
I use the sauce below but very versatile recipe so your own sauce would work well too.
- 1 c
- unsifted all purpose flous
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, cold
- 1/2 c
- cottage cheese, small curd
- 5-inch precooked polish sausage, bratwurst or similar
- 6 Tbsp
- dijon or other fave mustard
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Drema's "Hot Sausage" Rolls
- 1Measure flour into large mixing bowl. Cut butter into 1/2-inch pcs. Using a pastry blender cut into flour till mixture is pea-size crumbles.
- 2Stir in cottage cheese until a stiff dough forms. (Add 2 to 3 teas. ice water if necessary).
Divide dough into 6 parts.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Flour surface lightly and roll each piece until 6 inches long by 3 inches wide.
Spread with 1 tsp mustard each. Top with sausage.
Roll pastry around sauage till completely encased. Brush with water to seal. Seal ends.
Place seam side down on lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Prick once or twice with fork for steam to escape. Repeat for remaining sausages.
- 4Mix egg and milk in small bowl. Brush pastries with mixture.
Bake in oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 - 25 minutes until nicely browned.
Remove from oven and using a sharp knife, slice into 1' pices. Serve on a large platter centered with bowls of your fave mustard, melted cheeses or dip.
Enjoy! A fave for all! I guess this is a higher level for "pigs in a blanket"! LOL