DELISH Rhubarb BBQ Sauce
I found another recipe for a rhubarb bbq sauce and thought WOW, what a great and yummy idea...So I set forth to make my own, I love little inspirations like that!!!
This sauce is sooo good...you could eat with crackers...seriously!!!
But on chicken, pork, brats, hot dogs, etc...its most Delish! I have not tried it on beef yet, other than all beef hot dogs.
I can't wait to try it slathered on a panini with oven roasted or grilled turkey breast and greens and such...YUMMMM
- 4 c
- rhubarb, chopped
- 3/4 c
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- onion, chopped fine
- 5-6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 - 12 oz
- can tomato paste, plus one can water or a little more if to thick
- 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp
- mustard, spicy brown
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- dark corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp
- ground ancho chili pepper, or to taste
How to Make DELISH Rhubarb BBQ Sauce
- 1In a large 3 qt saucepan, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5-6 minutes or until tender and mushy, pour into a bowl, mush it up with a fork until there are no chunks, set aside.
- 2In same large saucepan, add oil and when hot add onion, cook until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients including rhubarb. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally...it will thicken as it cools.
- 3At this point you may can jars of sauce if you want or just put in large container (or several small) and store in refrigerator.
Makes 2 quarts approx.
I like to can 4 – ½ pint jars and place the rest into a quart jar for immediate use. The ½ pint jars are great for gift giving.
You can easily half this recipe too! :o)