Cucumber and Green Jalapeño Dip
This is also a great sandwich filling , if you omit the sour cream. No food coloring in this dip unless you want to omit the green jalapeño sauce. But then it wouldn't be Benedictine Dip-would it!
Copycat from Chow.
- 1 large
- english cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1/4 c
- grated white onion
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- dairy sour cream (omit if using as a spread)
- 1 Tbsp
- tabasco green jalapeño pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
How to Make Cucumber and Green Jalapeño Dip
- 1Grate cucumber on the large holes of a box grater-onion too. Squeeze both with your hands to remove as much moisture as possible. Place in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and press several times with a rubber spatula to drain the last of the water, set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute. Press cucumber onion mixture once more to drain out any remaining water, then add to cream cheese.(try squeezing out in a piece of cheese cloth -a lot easier).
- 3Add remaining ingredients, seasoning with freshly ground black pepper and stir until well combined. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Serve with pumpernickel toast, vegetable sticks or crackers.