Rev BJ Friley
2 lbcrawfish (or shrimp)
1/2 cgreen onion, sliced
24 ozcream cheese
8 clovegarlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
2 Tbspground red pepper (i start with 1 teaspoon and go from there. i have never used the full amount.)
1 1/2 tsppepper
·salt to taste
1/4 to 1/2 cchicken broth, if using fresh crawfish
How to Make Crawfish Dip
- Thaw crawfish if frozen, and drain, reserving liquid.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender but not brown.
- Add crawfish.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until crawfish are tender.
- Break up large pieces of crawfish.
- Stir in cheese, garlic, red pepper, pepper, and salt.
- Stir in enough of the reserved crawfish liquid (or chicken broth if using fresh crawfish) until of dripping consistency.
- Heat through.
- Serve a with assorted crackers.