Rev BJ Friley
- 2 lb
- crawfish (or shrimp)
- 1/2 c
- green onion, sliced
- 1/2 c
- 24 oz
- cream cheese
- 8 clove
- garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 2 Tbsp
- ground red pepper (i start with 1 teaspoon and go from there. i have never used the full amount.)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- chicken broth, if using fresh crawfish
How to Make Crawfish Dip
- 1Thaw crawfish if frozen, and drain, reserving liquid.
- 2In a 3-quart saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender but not brown.
- 3Add crawfish.
- 4Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until crawfish are tender.
- 5Break up large pieces of crawfish.
- 6Stir in cheese, garlic, red pepper, pepper, and salt.
- 7Stir in enough of the reserved crawfish liquid (or chicken broth if using fresh crawfish) until of dripping consistency.
- 8Heat through.
- 9Serve a with assorted crackers.