Classic Cheese Fondue with French Bread
Whether it is for a meal or as a dip this is an easy recipe.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 clove
- 2 c
- dry white wine
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 2 lb
- gruyere cheese or half emmentaler a gruyere cheese
- 1/4 c
- kirsch (strong cherry-flavored liqueur)
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground white pepper
- paprika, sweet mild
- french bread, cubed
How to Make Classic Cheese Fondue with French Bread
- 1Rub the inside of the fondue pot with one clove of garlic and then discard.
- 2Cook wine and lemon juice int pot until very hot. Add garlic clove speared with a toothpick (it will make removing it easier). Decrease heat and stir in cheese, cooking until melted.
- 3In a separate bowl, blend kirsch with cornstarch, nutmeg, white pepper and paprika; stir into cheese until smooth. Keep on low heat and do not boil.
- 4Remove garlic clove and serve with French bread.