Christina's Killer Dip
Some people have complained it is "too salty". Please also make sure you are using only a 1 ounce packet; there are other sizes from various manufacturers. Too much mix throws off the balance of flavors. My sister and I always use the Hidden Valley Ranch Original and we do not have any problems with it :) You can also substitute half the sour cream for prepared Ranch Dressing and skip the dry mix. It will usually come out a bit wetter and not as intense.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 oz
- hidden valley ranch original dressing mix
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 8 oz
- spinach, frozen, chopped
- 1 c
- cheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Christina's Killer Dip
- 1Split shredded cheese into 2 half-cup portions.
- 2Defrost frozen spinach.
- 3Place spinach in a colander and press as much of the water you can out of it.
- 4Mix all of the ingredients, except the 2nd half-cup of shredded cheese together until well incorporated.
- 5Put it in a shallow baking dish (stoneware works best) in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- 6Remove from oven carefully.
- 7While still hot top it with remaining cheese, heat in oven again for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove and cool below lava stage and serve. If the cheese on top is bubbling, do not let anyone dip yet!
- 9Goes well with tortilla chips. You can also use crackers!
Just remember the saltier the dipper, the saltier the whole shebang ;)