Christina's Killer Dip
Some people have complained it is "too salty". Please also make sure you are using only a 1 ounce packet; there are other sizes from various manufacturers. Too much mix throws off the balance of flavors. My sister and I always use the Hidden Valley Ranch Original and we do not have any problems with it :) You can also substitute half the sour cream for prepared Ranch Dressing and skip the dry mix. It will usually come out a bit wetter and not as intense.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ozhidden valley ranch original dressing mix
8 ozcream cheese, at room temperature
8 ozsour cream
8 ozspinach, frozen, chopped
1 ccheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Christina's Killer Dip
- Split shredded cheese into 2 half-cup portions.
- Defrost frozen spinach.
- Place spinach in a colander and press as much of the water you can out of it.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the 2nd half-cup of shredded cheese together until well incorporated.
- Put it in a shallow baking dish (stoneware works best) in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven carefully.
- While still hot top it with remaining cheese, heat in oven again for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool below lava stage and serve. If the cheese on top is bubbling, do not let anyone dip yet!
- Goes well with tortilla chips. You can also use crackers!
Just remember the saltier the dipper, the saltier the whole shebang ;)