Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip with Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 lb
- 1 medium
- red onion chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 large
- red bell pepper seeds removed and cut in half
- 1 jar(s)
- green salsa
- 8 oz
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro chopped
How to Make Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip with Roasted Red Pepper
- 1Place the Red bell pepper skin side up on baking sheet and place under broiler until skin is charred. Place hot pepper in paper bag and close letting it steam until it is cool enough to handle. Remove the skin with a paper towel and chop the pepper into small minced pieces.
- 2In a large saucepan add a little oil and saute the onion and garlic. Add the chorizo and cook until meat is done. Stir in the bell pepper. Add the jar of green salsa.
- 3Shred the cheese and add that to the dip and cook until cheese has melted and dip has thickened. Stir in the cilantro. Serve with favorite chips.