Cheesy Crawfish Dip
- 1 c
- butter (2 sticks)
- bunches of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 lb
- peeled crawfish tails (if using frozen crawfish then thaw and rinse before adding)
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- egg yolks, beaten
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 2 lb
- velveta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- tabasco sauce to taste
How to Make Cheesy Crawfish Dip
- 1Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook briefly. Add parsley and crawfish, and simmer about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stir into crawfish, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3Gradually add cheese cubes, stirring continuously until the cheese has melted.
- 4Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Remove from heat. Let it stand a little before serving that way it has time to thicken just a bit.
- 5You can serve this in a small crock pot or in a nice bowl. I like to use the scoop chips with this dip.