Cheesy Crawfish Dip
1 cbutter (2 sticks)
4bunches of green onions, chopped
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
2 lbpeeled crawfish tails (if using frozen crawfish then thaw and rinse before adding)
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2egg yolks, beaten
112 oz can of evaporated milk
2 lbvelveta cheese, cubed
·salt and pepper to taste
·tabasco sauce to taste
How to Make Cheesy Crawfish Dip
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook briefly. Add parsley and crawfish, and simmer about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stir into crawfish, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gradually add cheese cubes, stirring continuously until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Remove from heat. Let it stand a little before serving that way it has time to thicken just a bit.
- You can serve this in a small crock pot or in a nice bowl. I like to use the scoop chips with this dip.