Cheddar Apple Pie Dip
I've also served this as little tarts using mini phyllo shells.
VARIATION: Use fresh pears instead of apples.
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- red delicious apple, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- macintosh or fuji apple, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 c
- walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- crackers of your choice
How to Make Cheddar Apple Pie Dip
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add the apples and walnuts; toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- 2Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a medium bowl. Add the sour cream; stir until well blended. Spread into a 9-inch pie plate; top with apple mixture.
- 3Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers.