How to Make Buffalo Queso
- Begin by browning your hot sausage and draining off the excess grease. Set this to the side.
- Then, over medium heat, warm your rotel tomatoes in a large saucepan. While tomatoes are heating, cube your Velveeta.
- Add cubed Velveeta and your browned sausage to the rotel tomatoes.
- Melt your cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes, just keep an eye on it because microwave temps can vary. When the cream cheese is softened, add it to the Velveeta cheese/rotel tomatoes mixture.
- Cook your ingredients over medium heat until everything is melted thoroughly.
- When everything is melted, then add the tablespoon of Louisiana Hot Sauce and 1 cup of sour cream. Stir and mix all ingredients well. Serve with tortilla chips.