- 2 lb oval shaped bread, like rye
- 8 oz pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened, cut into small chunks
- 2 c
- light sour cream
- 1 bunch
- scallions, chopped
- 6 tsp
- minced garlic
- 3 c
- reduced-fat, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 14 oz can or jar artichoke hearts, drained, quartered and chopped
How to Make Bread bowl baked cheese dip
- 1Heat oven to 350. Cut off quarter top of bread, reserve top. Scoop out most of the bread inside, save for dipping.
- 2In lg bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, scallions, garlic and shredded cheddar cheese. mix well. Fold in artichoke hearts. Fill hollowed out bread w/ cream cheese mix. Replace top of bread.
- 3Wrap bread in heavy strength foil. Bake 1 hr. Remove foil and top of bread. Serve w/ fresh cut veggies and reserved bread.