Better Than French Onion Dip
This dip can be prepared and then stored in fridge for up to 2 days before serving. The flavor gets better and more 'potent' the longer it is allowed to set up.
Quick and easy to put together, letting the flavors blend is what takes the longest.
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c
- thinly sliced shallots, about 4 ounces
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- 4 oz
- blue cheese, room temperature
How to Make Better Than French Onion Dip
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add shallots. Cover and cook until golden brown. Takes about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool.
- 2Whisk mayo and sour cream in medium bowl. Add blue cheese.
You can use a rubber spatula to mix or electric hand mixer. Mix ingredients well.
- 3Stir in cooled, caramelized shallots. Once all ingredients are mixed, cover and refrigerate until all flavors blend together, at least 2 hours.
Serve at room temperature.